So you’ve decided you want a lift for your home, but want more information about what happens next? Then this is the home lift buyers guide for you!
CHOOSING YOUR HOME LIFT
Think about the items below to give you some ideas:
- Size of the lift and the ‘footprint’ you need to leave space for
- Rated load (number of people, and wheelchairs if required)
- Style / aesthetics/functionality)
- Safety features
- Requirements for installation (e.g. associated builders works)
- Ongoing maintenance and support
- Ongoing maintenance costs
- Company reputation and customer service
- There are lots of options for adding a wheelchair lift, home lift, or access solution for the home – from a stair lift or step lift, to a home platform lift. Ensure you do lots of research to get the features you want.
- Remember that lead time (the time it takes from ordering the lift at the factory to delivering the lift at your home) may vary from product to product and at different times of year. Give yourself plenty of time 14-16wks to make sure you can get your perfect installation date.
ORDERING YOUR LIFT
At Axess 2 we make it as easy as we possibly can for you – below is the journey you would take when ordering a lift.
- GATHER INFORMATION – Visit the showroom, look at the website or gather information to decide which lift for the home you would like
- A HOME VISIT – We offer a no obligation visit that gives you the chance to ask any questions you can think of to help make the right choice and give you peace of mind.
- QUOTATION – Request a quotation, detailing all the options, finishes and extras you want. A copy can be sent via post or email.
- INSPECT AND CONFIRM DRAWINGS – If you have plan drawings of your home, then we can add our lifts in so your yourself and you builders can see where it needs to go. Once you are happy, you need to sign off the drawings so we can send the lift into manufacture
- PRE-INSTALLATION CHECKS As the date of installation gets closer, we organise a site visit to make sure you are ready for your chosen installation date. The issued drawing contains building work information regarding shaft sizes, door position and electrical requirements to name a few – so by visiting we can check you are ready and help out with anything that might have been missed.
- INSTALLATION OF YOUR HOME LIFT – An Installation letter/notification will be issued outlining dates, times and preparations on site prior to installation. The lift is delivered on the day of installation and our engineers will be there to take care of the delivery. The engineering team will install the lift and prepare it ready for commissioning.
- HANDOVER & WARRANTY – All our lifts come as standard with a 1 year warranty, and we come back when you’re ready to do a full handover and demonstration of your new lift. You’ll get a pack of information for the home lift and our team are always on hand if you need some help.