ACCREDITATIONS ARE AN IMPORTANT DISPLAY OF THE STANDARDS A COMPANY UPHOLDS. AXESS 2 AND ITS TECHNICALLY-ADVANCED LIFTS HOLD ALL APPROPRIATE ACCREDITATIONS
Axess 2 and its technically-advanced lifts hold all appropriate accreditations
We maintain extremely high standards and we are proud to hold all the accreditations required by our customers.
Our fully-accredited lifts are highly-specified in every sector and can help you easily meet the requirements of the DDA and comply with Part M of the Building Regulations.
They meet the demanding standards of all the major trade associations and, as such, have been specified by some of the biggest names in retail and commerce.
Taking guidance and meeting the requirements Part M, Part S (Scotland), the DDA and BS8300.
Access to buildings can be difficult, if not impossible, for many people including wheelchair users and those with pushchairs etc. There are times when we all need a lift. It is only recently that these issues have begun to be addressed. There is assistance available to ensure lift access to buildings is provided.
The Equality Act (formerly the Disability and Discrimination Act 1995) gives advice on how this can be achieved.
The Building Regulation Part M, or Part S in Scotland advises the requirements to achieve lift accessibility in your premises.
Axess 2: Ensuring your platform lift complies
We make sure that all our products are of the highest quality and that:
- A PLATFORM LIFT MUST CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE MACHINERY DIRECTIVE, 98/37/EC, BS EN 81-41 AND IS CE MARKED.
- THE TRAVEL IS NO MORE THAN 2M WHEN THERE IS NO SHAFT AND THE LIFT DOES NOT PENETRATE A FLOOR
- TRAVEL ANY MORE THAN 2M SHOULD HAVE FULL HEIGHT DOORS AND A LIFTWAY ENCLOSURE (SHAFT).
- THE RATED SPEED NOT TO EXCEED 0.15M/S.
- CONTROL BUTTONS ARE LOCATED 800MM AND 1100MM FROM THE FLOOR LEVEL AND THE LIFT FLOOR AND AT LEAST 400MM FROM ANY RETURN WALL.
- CONSTANT PRESSURE CONTROLS ARE PROVIDED WHERE REQUIRED.
- LANDING CALL BUTTONS ARE BETWEEN 900MM AND 1100MM FROM THE FLOOR OF THE LANDING AND AT LEAST 500MM FROM ANY RETURN WALL.
- THE MINIMUM DIMENSIONS OF ANY PLATFORM LIFT ARE:
- FOR ONE USER 800MM WIDE X 1250MM DEEP.
- 900MM X 1400MM SINGLE OR THROUGH ENTRY.
- 1100MM X 1400MM PART M RECOMMENDED.
- DOORS HAVE AN OPENING OF AT LEAST 900MM FOR AN 1100 X 1400 PLATFORM AND AT LEAST 800MM FOR SPECIAL SIZES.
- PLATFORM LIFTS ARE SUPPLIED WITH CLEAR OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS.
- THE PLATFORM LIFT ENTRANCES ARE ACCESSIBLE AT ALL FLOORS.
- DOORS ARE CONTRASTING WITHIN THE SURROUNDING AREA.
- THERE SHOULD BE A FORM OF AUDIBLE AND VISUAL ANNOUNCERS.
- AREAS OF GLASS ARE MADE CLEAR.
Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
Directive 2006/42/EC applies to machinery, lifting accessories such as slings, chains, and safety components. A machine is defined as “an assembly of linked parts or components, at least one of which moves…”. There are exclusions such as military equipment, machines which are already covered by other, more specific, directives and some equipment which falls within the scope of the Low Voltage Directive. The Regulations are enforced in the UK by the Health and Safety Executive for machinery used in the workplace, and the Trading Standards Service for machinery used at home. Penalties for non-compliant machinery can be severe.
The vast majority of machinery may be self-certified by the manufacturer who must meet the administrative and protection requirements of the Directive. The essential protection requirements demand that machine manufacturers identify the hazards their products contain and assess the risks these hazards present to users. Any risks identified must be reduced to as low a level as is reasonably practicable. Detailed requirements are laid out in a series of safety standards. The administrative provisions of the Directive require manufacturers to produce a Technical File, sign a Declaration of Conformity and label the product with certain markings.
What is BREEAM?
It is an environmental assessment method and rating system for buildings.
BREEAM sets the standard for best practice in sustainable building design, construction and operation and has become one of the most comprehensive and widely recognised measures of a building’s environmental performance.
A BREEAM assessment uses recognised measures of performance, which are set against established benchmarks, to evaluate a building’s specification, design, construction and use. The measures used represent a broad range of categories and criteria from energy to ecology. They include aspects related to energy and water use, the internal environment (health and well-being), pollution, transport, materials, waste, ecology and management processes.
A Certificated BREEAM assessment is delivered by a licensed organisation, using assessors trained under a UKAS accredited competent person scheme, at various stages in a buildings life cycle.
NBS Plus Specifications
NBS, are committed to offering distinctive, innovative specification and information solutions to construction industry professionals.
The NBS specification products cover building construction, engineering services and landscape design and are part of RIBA Enterprises Ltd, which is wholly owned by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
Axess2 provide a range of lift solutions and specifications including:
BS EN ISO 9001:2008
Following a successful audit by Lift Cert, we have achieved the ISO 9001 : 2008 certification.
Every organisation would like to improve the way it operates and improving customer satisfaction. A quality management system gives us the framework we need to monitor and improve company performance.
Over the last quarter we have been implementing a Quality Management System (QMS) throughout the business, which reflects the continuous commitment of our employees towards high quality and thoroughness. By taking a preventative approach through its rules and regulations, Axess 2’s management and staff undertake to meet the standards of the company’s Quality Management System while continually striving to make it more efficient, with a view to ensuring total customer satisfaction.
ISO 9001 is by far the world’s most established quality framework and sets the standard not only for quality management systems, but management systems in general.
AXESS 2 LTD is a member of LEIA
LEIA is the trade association and advisory body for the lift and escalator industry. The design and installation of lifts and escalators is highly regulated, there are wide ranging and complex statutory requirements.
LEIA aims to ensure Axess 2 has the most up to date information on safety, standards and legislative matters – supported by professional assistance.
LEIA membership requires that Axess 2 has a quality management system and are certificated to ISO 9001 – and that the awarding body is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
LEIA membership can therefore be summarised as companies who –
- ARE WELL ESTABLISHED;
- HAVE A QUALITY SYSTEM, AUDITED ANNUALLY;
- ARE SUBJECT TO THIRD PARTY TECHNICAL AUDITS, ANNUALLY;
- HAVE APPROVED COMPANY SAFETY POLICIES;
- CARRY APPROPRIATE PRODUCT AND THIRD PARTY INSURANCE;
- HAVE SKILLED EMPLOYEES;
- ARE PROVIDED WITH A CONSTANT UP-DATING SERVICE ON SAFETY, TECHNICAL AND LEGISLATIVE MATTERS